AT 262 - Animation I
Credit Hours: 3
This studio course explores visual art and design through sound, animation, interactivity, images, and video. Students will work with a variety of software programs and traditional mediums to create strong conceptual artworks that disseminate information through time based media. Course topics will require students to consider aesthetic issues, interactive navigation as well as linear and non-linear narration.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- The Arts.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- work with various software programs to create linear and non-linear time based designs;
- create animation, including traditional frame-by-frame animation, as well as computer-generated animation;
- work with software based features that focus specifically on interactive navigation;
- incorporate concepts of how sound can function in an interactive design;
- develop strong conceptual and visual artworks that include sound, animation, interactivity and video; and
- think and communicate fluently in regard to technical and conceptual aspects of new media.