Apr 25, 2018
AU 150 - Introduction to Automotive Technology
Credit Hours: 2
A study in the advancements in the automotive industry, use and maintenance of equipment, safety in the shop and introduction to automotive systems.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- have practical knowledge and understanding of safe shop procedures, precautions, and individual responsibilities associated with the right to know laws;
- identify the possible areas of employment within the automotive field, and utilize this information to determine a career objective;
- prepare an industry acceptable resume;
- explain the mission of the ASE, and the benefits of certification;
- visually identify various hand tools and shop equipment. Describe their proper use and required maintenance;
- demonstrate proper handling and usage of the oxy-acetylene torch;
- identify and categorize numerous fasteners used in the automotive trade areas;
- outline strategies and describe the various methods used for broken fastener extraction;
- access the available online information system to produce vehicle specific Information requested by the instructor; and
- locate manufacturer's service schedules, explain their importance, and basically describe the procedures involved in very basic fluid maintenance.