CA 120 - Introduction to Rhetoric
Credit Hours: 3
This course is the study of the effective, artistic and persuasive use of communication. Rhetorical theory will be studied through a historical perspective with the focus remaining on the philosophy and utility of language.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- Humanities.
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- define rhetoric four different ways;
- explain the scope and purpose of rhetorical acts;
- explain issues and controversy regarding message construction;
- construct effective messages;
- use rhetorical principles and practices to analyze messages; and
- explain historical development of concepts in rhetoric.