MA 128 - Medical Administrative Practice II
Credit Hours: 3
Students will learn entry-level medical office administrative procedures including: front desk reception; patient scheduling; medical chart preparation; office policies and procedures manual creation; process payroll; accounts payable; banking documents; and perform human resources duties. Emphasis is on practical application of administrative techniques. This is a hybrid course where MediSoft and MS Word software programs will be routinely used.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- schedule new and established patient appointments;
- manage patient medical records;
- process payroll, banking and bookkeeping;
- perform basic accounting entries for a medical office including debit, credits, adjustments, accounts receivable, and accounts payable;
- inventory and maintain office equipment and supplies;
- prepare a general office policy manual; and
- understand practices related to credit and collections in medical office environments.
Prerequisites: MA 117 or permission of instructor