Jan 18, 2020
ME 120 - Industrial Refrigeration I
Credit Hours: 3
Topics include: ammonia refrigeration, plant safety, fundamental items and concepts used by the refrigeration plant operator in the course of duty, the refrigeration cycle, physical properties of various refrigerants, refrigerant performance tables, compressor types, compressor operation and maintenance, lubrication, cooling units, condensers, high pressure receivers, purging non-condensable gases from the refrigeration system, diagrams and tables.
After the completion of course, the student will learn the following subjects in addition to the operational procedures in laboratory:
- fundamental items and concepts used by the refrigeration plant operator in the course of duty;
- the refrigeration cycle;
- physical properties of various refrigerants;
- refrigerant performance tables;
- compressor types;
- compressor operation and maintenance;
- lubrication, cooling units;
- high pressure receivers;
- purging non-condensable gases from the refrigeration system; and
- diagrams, tables.