Apr 04, 2020
ME 121 - Industrial Refrigeration II
Credit Hours: 3
Topics include: liquid feed to evaporators and vessels, direct expansion evaporators, gravity flooded evaporators, pumped liquid re-circulation systems, secondary refrigerants, heat exchangers, pressure enthalpy diagrams and two-stage and defrost systems.
After the completion of course, the student will learn the following subjects in addition to the operational procedures in laboratory:
- liquid feed to evaporators and vessels;
- direct expansion evaporators;
- gravity flooded evaporators;
- pumped liquid re-circulation systems;
- secondary refrigerants;
- heat exchangers;
- pressure enthalpy diagrams;
- two-stage; and
- defrost systems.
Prerequisites: ME 120