Aug 11, 2020
ME 160 - Introduction to Computer Concepts in MET
Credit Hours: 1
This course is an introduction to computer problem solving in mechanical engineering technology. The course topics include Microsoft Word Processing, PowerPoint, Access, Internet applications and MathCAD.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- create documents using Microsoft Word Processing;
- create spreadsheets and graphs utilizing Microsoft Excel;
- apply PowerPoint to draw figures and prepare presentations;
- utilize internet applications;
- prepare databanks in ACCESS;
- utilize MathCAD to do calculus operations;
- use the personal computer to write technical reports; and
- learn software to solve engineering problems in mechanical engineering technology.
Prerequisites: MT 121 or MT 125
Concurrent Registration: ME 161 or permission of the instructor.