Apr 04, 2020
ME 201 - Lab for ME 200
Credit Hours: 1
The laboratory work compliments the course subjects. Projects, homework, and some activities in PLC programming are few examples of the activities.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- analyze utilization of manufacturing processes. Also, student will understand some of the following optional topics:
- utilize cost analysis with fixed/variable production volumes;
- utilize basic CIM, DFM, CE, CAM, and lean manufacturing;
- utilize group technology;
- utilize job evaluation;
- utilize assembly line balancing.
- obtain production line yield and unit product cost;
- analyze material handling including AGV & robotics;
- analyze storage and warehousing;
- utilize project management, Critical Path Method, perform resource allocation, optimize time and expense; and
- utilize programmable logic controllers (PLC's).
Concurrent Registration: ME 200 or permission of the instructor.