VC 232 - Contact Lenses II
Credit Hours: 1.5
Continuation of VC 142. Special emphasis will be given to special lens designs including bifocals, soft toric, keratoconus and therapeutic lenses. Continuation of the use of all instruments vital in the fitting of all contact lenses. Over-refraction procedures will be included.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- fit all makes of contact lenses;
- discuss the aspects of fitting rigid and soft lenses and the follow up care;
- express the terminology of contact lens fitting;
- assess how to fit special lenses; and
- participate in National Contact Lens Certification Examination and the New York State Contact Lens Licensing Examination.
Prerequisites: VC 142
Concurrent Registration: VC 233