CH 145 - Lab for CH 144
Credit Hours: 1.0
Topics include: metric system of measurement, reactions in solution, colloidal dispersion, gas laws, acidity and its determination, organic synthesis and biochemical reactions.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- Natural Sciences.
Upon the completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- carry out experiments that provide support for key principles covered in lecture;
- develop the ability to make observations, gather and classify data;
- develop an awareness of the hazards of chemical substances and how to work with them safely;
- prepare a laboratory report;
- demonstrate the proper and safe use of laboratory apparatus; and
- complete an experiment with guidance
Prerequisites: High school chemistry or CH 140
Concurrent Registration: CH 144
F/S (C, N, S)