Nov 17, 2019
DL 124 - Lab for DL 123
Credit Hours: 3
Construction of inlays, crowns and bridges in the anterior and posterior regions, plus the introduction of implantology.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- explain the various clinical and laboratory procedures necessary to fabricate a fixed restoration;
- list and describe the various types of fixed restorations fabricated in the dental laboratory;
- construct a full crown;
- construct a 3/4 crown;
- explain the purpose of an individual custom impression tray and construct a clinically acceptable quadrant custom impression tray from a diagnostic cast;
- list the requirements of an acceptable working cast and fabricate from the impression an accurate, bubble free cast with removable dies;
- identify the margins and correctly prepare, trim, and ditch the removable dies; and
- correctly manipulate inlay wax and fabricate clinically acceptable wax patterns for various fixed restorations.
Prerequisites: DL 111, DL 112, DL 113, DL 114
Concurrent Registration: DL 123