Sep 23, 2020
DL 236 - Lab for DL 235
Credit Hours: 1
Construct porcelain units including the preparation of dies, firing and glazing. Use of porcelain ovens, both analog and computerized. The fabrication of porcelain units includes the preparation of dies, adaption of platinum matrices, firing and glazing. Minimum requirements are three porcelain crowns and three stained or personalized units.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate mounting casts on semi-adjustable articulators;
- construct three single units (anterior and posterior) and three unit bridge;
- identify different waxing techniques;
- perform different types of spruing techniques;
- demonstrate investing procedure;
- demonstrate casting techniques;
- identify different types of ceramic metals;
- demonstrate soldering procedures; and
- perform and demonstrate metal finishing.
Prerequisites: All DL 100 level courses
Concurrent Registration: DL 235