DN 101 - Introduction to Dance
Credit Hours: 3
Designed for first-year students in dance, the course introduces the fundamental principles of modern movement involving basic dance and exercise. It covers the historical and aesthetic approach to dance as an art form.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- The Arts.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate a command of dance terminology;
- demonstrate knowledge of introductory level dance exercises;
- apply rhythms, beats, and general movements to choreographed floor progressions;
- choreograph and perform an original dance routine to music;
- recognize his/her gain in self-awareness and confidence through mastering better control over his/her body actions/expressions; and
- recognize an appreciation of dance both as art form and for personal enjoyment.