DN 102 - Ballet I
Credit Hours: 3
A study of the theories and techniques of classical ballet. The historic vocabulary of ballet is taught. Designed for the beginning ballet student.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- The Arts.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate the five basic positions of ballet;
- demonstrate ballet barre, across floor work, and center floor work;
- memorize and perform ballet routines set to music;
- choreograph an original ballet routine; and
- demonstrate an understanding of simple ballet terminology.