DN 108 - African American Dance II
Credit Hours: 3
Continuation of DN 107.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- The Arts.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- recognize the importance and meanings of the various kinds of African dances;
- recognize that the African dance is a form of communication and expression;
- recognize African dance as a cultural art form and the foundation of all dance;
- perform two intermediate dances in their entirety with decorum and pride;
- learn intermediate level African rhythms through dancing and music; and
- understand and use an expanded vocabulary within the parameters of African dance.