Jan 19, 2021
DT 104 - Theatre Workshop
Credit Hours: 3
This is a workshop rehearsal performance course which will involve the student in the production of live stage theatre, children's theatre, or dramatic reading for the college and surrounding community. The students will develop their productions for performance on campus, at other schools, in libraries, etc.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- The Arts.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- understand how to organize, schedule and prepare a production of a one-act play, reader's theater, or other dramatic genre for the college and the surrounding community;
- create and perform a character from a written script employing techniques of character development, movement, line interpretation, memorization, and delivery;
- construct, paint, and set up scenery, shift scenery during a show, and strike the set after the performance;
- prepare the light plots, chart and cue sheets, hang and focus the lights and operate them during the show;
- schedule and attend rehearsals, take all notes for the director, supervise cast members, set, costume, and prop constructions for the show as stage manager (s);
- plan, secure, and make costumes, clean press, and mend costumes during the show, store owned costumes and return borrowed/rented ones;
- plan makeup charts for each actor, obtain supplies, assist actors in application, clean the makeup room and store all supplies;
- prepare property lists for each scene, and locate prop and furniture items including rehearsal props;
- advertise the show in newspapers, radio, and television, design and create posters; and
- distribute tickets, design and execute the play program, organize an usher list.
F/S (C, N, S)