Apr 26, 2019
EG 202 - Trauma Lab
Credit Hours: 1
This lab section teaches the psychomotor skills of trauma patient management. Skills include trauma patient assessment and airway management. Upon completion of this lab and the required co-requisite trauma course EG 201, the student will receive certification in International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) form the American College of Emergency Physicians.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate the assessment and management of patients with the signs and symptoms of:
- compensated and decompensated shock;
- soft tissue injuries;
- burn injuries;
- head and facial trauma;
- spinal trauma;
- thoracic injuries;
- musculoskeletal injuries;
- demonstrate a clinical assessment to determine the proper treatment plan for patients with suspected abdominal trauma; and
- demonstrate the proper use of the pneumatic anti shock garment in a patient suspected abdominal trauma and pelvic fracture.
Prerequisites: Basic EMT, math (AARLV2) and English (AWRLV3 & ARELV3) pretest codes or higher.
Concurrent Registration: EG 201, EG 206, EG 207, EG 208