Oct 22, 2020
GA 143 - Internship
Credit Hours: 3
The internship experience is designed to provide realistic hands-on training to students in some or all the techniques utilized in the areas of pre-press, press, digital output and/or bindery operations as they relate to the printing industry.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- identify good interview techniques, dress attire, and preparations to interview for various industry related positions;
- participate in an interview/hiring process for acceptance into an internship position;
- relate classroom instruction and training to an assigned on-the-job experience;
- apply specific learned skills and techniques to perform effectively in the industry work environment;
- demonstrate ability to utilize critical thinking skills for problem solving on-the-job;
- communicate effectively with supervisors and workplace personnel;
- evaluate related work experience and performance in a positive manner;
- apply valuable experience to future decision making and career choices; and
- apply specific skills and experience to enhance future resume preparation.
Prerequisites: GA 133