MA 223 - MA Practicum
Credit Hours: 2
This course offers students supervised involvement of a practicum in various health care facilities. Through instructor facilitation, the student is introduced to the health care facilities' practical setting. Students complete the 160 hour practicum program applying the administrative and clinical skills that have been learned during the first three semesters of the program. Students do not receive pay for their practicum services.
Upon completion of this externship course, the student will be able to:
- apply skills learned in class to situations encountered in the medical office;
- assist office staff as requested;
- interact courteously and calmly with patients;
- perform administrative skills appropriate to the medical assistant; and
- perform clinical skills appropriate to the medical assistant
Prerequisites: Successful completion of all BI, MA, and MR courses listed for the first three semesters, or equivalent with permission of the instructor, or permission of MA program director.
Corequisites: MA220, EG009, and PS100.
Concurrent Registration: MA221, MA229