MU 214 - Introduction to Folk Guitar
Credit Hours: 3
An introductory course for beginning guitarists. The emphasis will be on accompaniment patterns, strums and arpeggios in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8 time signatures and the basic guitar keys in the open positions. Each student must provide his/her own guitar.
Fulfills SUNY General Education -- The Arts.
At the completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- tune the guitar accurately;
- demonstrate proper hand position;
- perform scales as designated;
- perform simple melodies;
- perform simple chordal accompaniment;
- perform various guitar ensemble literature; and
- perform simple folk tunes.