Nov 17, 2019
NT 284 - Dietetics Seminar
Credit Hours: 2
This senior level course allows students to apply critical thinking skills to ethical and technological issues impacting the field of dietetics. Professional standards and issues are presented. Public policy development as related to dietetics is discussed. Also included is preparation for the registration examination for dietetic technicians, the employment application process and initiation of a professional development portfolio.
At the completion of the term, the student will be able to:
- analyze the concept of professionalism;
- exhibit a basic knowledge of public policy development related to dietetics;
- demonstrate an understanding of current reimbursement issues, policies, and regulations;
- evaluate the role of ACEND in the career of the dietetic technician;
- prepare for the job application process;
- weigh non-traditional career options;
- apply critical thinking skills to ethical and technological issues impacting the field of nutrition; and
- use current information technologies for information and communication activities.
Prerequisites: NT 282, NT 283
Corequisites: NT 276, NT 277, NT 285, NT 286