Oct 29, 2020
NU 117 - Lab for NU 116
Credit Hours: 4
College and clinical laboratory experiences are designed to assist the student to use the nursing process to care for the well individual. Community and healthcare settings will be utilized to provide the students opportunities to practice health promotion with clients at various stages of maturity.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- utilize the concepts of wellness and health promotion in care for clients;
- show awareness of the influence of stages of maturity on wellness and health promotion;
- show an awareness of cultural beliefs and lifestyle behaviors that influence wellness and health promotion;
- show awareness of caring behaviors in the clinical setting;
- use basic communication skills with selected clients;
- apply principles of critical thinking skills at the beginning level;
- apply principles of infection control in client care;
- apply the steps of the nursing process at a beginning level to clients for wellness and health promotion;
- utilize library and multi-media resources;
- identify the role of the professional nurse in wellness and health promotion;
- utilize principles of health education in promoting wellness.
- demonstrate skill in designated nursing procedures; and
- recognize health/community resources available for health promotion.
Corequisites: BI 150, BI 151, EN 110, MT 111, NU 116, NU 128
F/S (C, N)