VC 142 - Contact Lenses I
Credit Hours: 2
Special emphasis will be given to designing both soft and gas permeable lens designs. Prescriptions and corneal measurements will be interpreted to determine the appropriate contact lens. It is a continuation of the use of all instruments vital in the fitting of contact lenses. Over-refraction procedures will be included.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- determine the proper type and prescription for soft contact lenses;
- discuss the aspects of fitting rigid and soft contact lenses and the follow-up care;
- know the indications and contraindications to contact lens wear;
- design spherical rigid lenses; and
- identify different types of edema.
Prerequisites: VC 133
Concurrent Registration: VC 143