Oct 22, 2020
VC 143 - Lab for VC 142
Credit Hours: 2
Introduction to the instruments used in contact lens fitting, with special attention given to the keratometer, topographer and biomicroscope. Use of the radiuscope, diameter gauge, and magnifier will be presented. Fitting of contact lenses with an emphasis on soft lenses.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate the usage of instruments needed in the fitting of contact lenses;
- discuss the aspects of fitting rigid and soft lenses and the follow-up care;
- express the terminology of contact lens fitting;
- fit soft contact lenses;
- evaluate corneal topography;
- insert and remove soft contact lenses;
- obtain a contact lens history;
- verify contact lens parameters; and
- perform a visual acuity check.
Prerequisites: VC 133
Concurrent Registration: VC 142