Oct 22, 2020
TE 181 - IT Essentials II
Credit Hours: 3
This course will introduce skills required to install, configure, upgrade, and maintain PC workstations, the Windows OS and SOHO networks. Students will utilize troubleshooting techniques and tools to effectively and efficiently resolve PC, OS, and network connectivity issues and implement security practices. This course also helps students prepare for the CompTIA A+ Practical Application exam, which builds on the CompTIA A+ Essentials knowledge and skills, with more of a hands-on orientation and scenarios in which troubleshooting and tools must be applied to resolve problems.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- install, configure and maintain personal computer components;
- detect problems, troubleshoot and repair/replace personal computer and laptop components;
- analyze and trouble-shoot digital systems used in the creation and transport of digital information and conversion to analog output;
- select and use the proper tools;
- detect and resolve common printer issues;
- select the appropriate commands and options to troubleshoot and resolve problems;
- differentiate between Windows Operating System directory structures;
- select and use system utilities / tools and evaluate the results;
- troubleshoot client-side network connectivity issues using appropriate tools;
- install and configure a small office home office (SOHO) network;
- prevent, troubleshoot and remove viruses and malware; and
- implement security and troubleshoot common issues.
Prerequisites: TE 180 or permission of the instructor.