HEGIS Code: 5104
Curriculum Code: 1418
Campus Location: South
Engineering & Technologies Division
Erie Community College's Web Page Design Certificate Program is designed to address the industry's need for designers to possess greater competency in language, visual communication and graphic design skill, as well as formal training in essential industry standard software programs. The program will be beneficial for both Web page designers who want to upgrade their skills and students who want to obtain the necessary skills to obtain an entry-level Web page designer position.
Students will enjoy small class sizes and hands-on opportunities to utilize the latest in hardware and software as they take courses such as Orientation to Graphics, Photoshop I, Publishing IV Web Basics, Multimedia and Web Page Design with Dreamweaver.
This is a growing field and graduates will find positions with advertising agencies, government agencies, non-profit organizations and businesses. In addition, graduates may transfer credits to obtain an Associate in Applied Science degree in Visual Communications Technology: Graphic Arts and Printing. Graduates may also transfer credits to obtain an Associate in Applied Science degree in Information Technology with a concentration in Web Page Design.
Upon completion of the Web Page Design Certificate Program, the student will be able to:
- develop an understanding of the nature of Visual Communications;
- prepare for entry level employment and/or continuation of higher education in the field of Digital and print media;
- produce creative digital and print media projects;
- execute proper use of design principles;
- apply analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they relate to the visual communications industry; and
- utilize current industry standard technologies.
Total Degree Credits: 30.5 - 35.0 credits