Sep 25, 2023
AR 285 - Architectural Design/Lab
Credit Hours: 5
A lecture/laboratory course dealing with the elements of design and the production and solution of selected design problems.
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
- interpret and apply necessary building codes;
- use reference materials necessary for proper design applications;
- understand and apply hand rendering techniques for colored pencil using lines and drafting expression required for presentation drawings;
- understand and draw the various drawings and their inter-relationship, solved graphically using 2D / 3D rendering techniques;
- understand and employ CAD drafting techniques;
- letter legibly in a style compatible with the production of Architectural presentation drawings;
- present solutions to design problems utilizing elements of design in function and graphics;
- present to a group their thoughts and design in a clear and precise manner; and
- critique design solutions.
Prerequisites: AR 230, AR 240, AR 250