PH 262 - Technical Physics II
Credit Hours: 4
Topics include, but are not limited to, electrostatics; Ohm’s Law; simple electric circuits; magnetism; induction; alternating current; sound; light; geometric optics; optical systems; physical optics; relativity; quanta atomic theory; solid state theory; nuclear structure; and nuclear transformations.
Fulfills SUNY General Education – Natural Sciences.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- explain and demonstrate the laws of nature;
- apply and explain the laws of physics to society;
- solve problems using computers;
- use mathematical skills in problem solution;
- write answers to qualitative questions; and
- read and apply knowledge to technical reports and data.
Prerequisites: PH 260
Concurrent Registration: PH 263
F/S (C, N, S)