Jun 03, 2023
AO 180 - Automotive Co-Op 3
Credit Hours: 1
This co-op work experience will provide opportunities to apply the knowledge and practice the skills that were gained in AO170 and AO200 within a registered automotive repair facility. Students will log their experiences and receive feedback from their mentors, managers, and instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Perform heater and air conditioning performance tests to determine the effectiveness of these systems.
- Recover and recycle refrigerant from and air conditioning system.
- Remove and install heater system components modern vehicles.
- Remove and install air conditioning components on modern vehicles.
- Diagnose the cause of a loss of communication with an electronic control unit.
- Monitor inputs on advanced driver assistance systems using a scan tool and other diagnostic equipment.
- Perform road tests to duplicate concerns with advanced driver assistance systems.
- Remove, install, and initialize electronic control units.
- Perform software changes on electronic control units according to technical service bulletins, service actions and campaigns.
- Document recommendations for repair and maintenance, estimates of repair, and records of completed repairs.
I changed “Coop” to “Co-Op”