Oct 03, 2022
AO 260 - Automotive Co-Op 5
Credit Hours: 1
This co-op work experience will provide opportunities to apply the knowledge and practice the skills that were gained in AO240 and AO250 within a registered automotive repair facility. Students will log their experiences and receive feedback from their mentors, managers, and instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Perform manufacturer’s diagnostic processes to properly diagnose automatic transmission concerns.
- Remove and install automatic transmissions from current trucks and automobiles.
- Disassemble and reassemble automatic transmissions to correct concerns of improper shifting.
- Utilize digital multimeters and oscilloscopes to measure electrical circuits used to control automatic transmissions.
- Diagnose performance concerns of vehicles with alternative powertrains.
- Monitor electrical circuits of the high voltage control module using a scan tool and other diagnostic equipment.
- Perform road tests to duplicate shifting and transmission performance concerns.
- Perform software changes and calibration procedures on transmissions control units according to technical service bulletins, service actions and campaigns.
- Document recommendations for repair and maintenance, estimates of repair, and records of completed repairs based upon manufacturer’s repair/replacement cost analysis.
I changed “Coop” to “Co-Op”