Degree: Associate in Science
HEGIS Code: 5004
Curriculum Code: 671.BUS
Campus Location: City, North, Distance
Business & Public Service Division
Pre-Admission Recommendations: Sequential Math I, II, III
Recommended H.S. Courses and/or Experiences: Three (3) years Regents math or four (4) years math
Career Opportunities/Further Education: Transfer to four-year Business Administration programs
The Associate in Science in the field of Business: Business Administration is a program which includes core business courses and a significant number of general education courses. This program integrates the unique requirements of both two-year and four-year institutions.
The program’s primary objective is to attract local high school students who are interested in a business career, and who realize that they must ultimately transfer to a four-year institution to complete their course of study. It enables business-oriented high school grads to remain near home and experience small classes in a very personalized academic environment for two years before continuing on to a four-year institution as a junior.
Students who enroll in this program will be fully prepared to transfer to a four-year college upon graduation from SUNY Erie. They will have taken all of the prerequisites necessary to make the transfer process an easy one.
This degree is not intended to provide vocational preparation for entry into the labor force upon graduation. Therefore, upon their enrollment at SUNY Erie, all students in this program should begin planning on where they intend to transfer after their two years of community college courses. Completion of the SUNY General Education Requirement is required for graduation.
Erie Community College’s Business Administration Department has transfer agreements with most area colleges. The agreements facilitate the transfer of SUNY Erie business graduates into the four-year schools. They include Alfred University, Buffalo State College, SUNY at Buffalo, D’Youville College, SUNY College at Fredonia, Canisius College, Daemen College, Hilbert College, Houghton College, Medaille College and Niagara University, as well as Thames Valley University in London, England and European University in Antwerp, Belgium.
Upon graduating with an Associate in Science degree in Business: Business Administration, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency in the concepts and practices of the major business disciplines;
- make use of the formal decision making process in diverse and dynamic environments;
- apply information management skills to a variety of business situations;
- examine the ethical and legal foundations of business and prioritize corporate social responsibility;
- analyze empirically and choose the optimal business opportunity;
- construct an intelligent business opinion and communicate it in print and verbally;
- create and interpret various accounting/financial statements; and
- propose major business opportunities by using appropriate reasoning and analytical skills in decision making.
Students matriculating in this program are required to fulfill the SUNY Transfer Path Requirement that most closely aligns with the program. Speak to your adviser for details.
Total Degree Credits: 64