HEGIS Code: 5004
Curriculum Code: 1192.ENP
Campus Location: City, Distance
Business & Public Service Division
The Entrepreneurship Certificate Program is designed to assist the student in the establishment and operation of a small business. While most of the courses satisfy partial requirements for an Associate in Applied Science degree in Business Administration, many students take this program solely to acquire the knowledge needed to meet entrepreneurial goals. In addition to honing computer and writing skills, the program focuses on developing the skills needed to write a business plan, keep books and create a marketing plan.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- use a computer with basic competency;
- write clearly and concisely;
- understand the history of American business and capitalism;
- prepare a business plan worthy of acceptance and processing by the banking community;
- demonstrate the skills acquired in a business elective; and
- keep a set of books and analyze financial statements.
Total Degree Credits: 30.0 - 31.0
The majority of these courses may be taken in any sequence. However, business plan construction and the internship should not be attempted until the student has acquired foundation tools.