Sep 23, 2020
AB 245 - Autobody Repair Shop Internship
Credit Hours: 3
This course will be an 8-hour per week in shop hands-on internship. All aspects and topics of autobody repair will be performed by the students.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate safe working practices;
- perform pre-paint preparation procedures;
- refinish body panels using basecoat/clearcoat;
- repair minor body damage including metal straightening, body filler and application of undercoats in preparation for paint;
- repair plastic body parts;
- replace body parts;
- perform unibody/frame set-up, measurement and correction methods;
- perform various welds and weld joints;
- complete detailing of a paint finish including color sanding, buffing and polishing; and
- perform all other areas of collision repair required of any entry level autobody technician not mentioned above.