AU 259 - Ford ASSET Cooperative Work Experience
Credit Hours: 1.5
Theory and instruction received in previous ASSET courses, taught with a Ford emphasis, are applied to work in the sponsoring dealership.
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- roadtest vehicle to determine if there is a problem with the clutch or transmission/transaxle;
- adjust clutch linkage or adjust the shift linkage;
- remove the transmission/transaxle to replace the clutch assembly;
- disassemble the transmission/transaxle to replace worn or broken parts;
- follow Ford Motor Co. procedures to adjust clutch, adjust shift linkage, replace clutch or overhaul transmission/transaxle;
- drain and replace fluid in the transaxle or transmission;
- roadtest vehicle to determine if there is a problem with the automatic transaxle/transmission;
- perform diagnostic checks using the appropriate scan tool depending on year of vehicle; (IDS or PDS)
- drain automatic transmission/transaxle and replace the screen. Refill the unit with the appropriate automatic transmission fluid and fill to the proper level;
- R&R automatic transmission or automatic transaxle;
- disassemble transmission/transaxle to determine problem and what is needed to correct problems;
- reassemble automatic transmission/transaxle installing new parts where needed;
- roadtest after repairs are made to make sure that all transmission/transaxle problems have been corrected; and
- diagnose and correct problems in the different transaxles/ transmissions by using Ford Motor Co. service manuals or software. (IDS or PDS)
All Ford ASSET co-ops are conducted with the student working with an "A" grade technician. All the above objectives would be performed under the guidance of a professional to aid the student in the learning process as well as ensuring that all repairs and inspections are performed properly and at the level expected of the manufacturer.
Prerequisites: Enrollment in the Ford Automotive Student Service Educational Training Program (ASSET).
Corequisites: AU 122, AU 123, AU 124, AU 125