VC 233 - Lab for VC 232
Credit Hours: 2
This course is a continuation in the use of all instruments vital in the fitting of contact lenses. Emphasis will be given to special lens designs, including bifocals, toric, keratoconus and therapeutic lenses. Over-refraction procedures will be included.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate the usage of instruments needed in the fitting of contact lenses;
- discuss the aspects of fitting rigid and soft lenses and the follow-up care;
- express the terminology of contact lens fitting;
- assess how to fit special lenses;
- evaluate fluorescein patterns; and
- participate in the National Contact Lens Certification Examination and the New York State Contact Lens Licensing Examination.
Prerequisites: VC 142
Concurrent Registration: VC 232