Mar 31, 2020
VC 255 - Ophthalmic Fabrication II
Credit Hours: 1
Fabrication of complex prescriptions including prism and progressive multifocal lenses with varied frame and lens materials. Application of various lens treatments and completion of complex frame repairs.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- fabricate and evaluate bifocal and progressive multifocal lenses;
- demonstrate ability to tint and polish spectacle lenses;
- demonstrate ability to work with different ophthalmic frame materials;
- create prism in finished vision eyewear;
- repair hidden hinges in zyl frames;
- demonstrate ability to solder frames;
- repair frames with broken eye wire and temple screws;
- groove and insert lenses into nylon rimless frame; and
- demonstrate application of ANSI standards.
Prerequisites: VC 245