Jan 19, 2022
AO 130 - Automotive Co-Op 1
Credit Hours: 1
This co-op work experience will provide opportunities to apply the knowledge and practice the skills that were gained in AO100, AO110, and AO120 within a registered automotive repair facility. Students will log their experiences and receive feedback from their mentors, managers, and instructor
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform a new vehicle preparation for sale (lot ready).
- Drive vehicles into shop and set them up on the lift and raise them off the ground.
- Safely raise a vehicle off the ground with a floor jack and properly support the vehicle using jack stands.
- Perform a lube, oil and filter change.
- Perform a multipoint vehicle inspection.
- Display a working knowledge of shop safety and the necessary steps to follow in the event of an emergency.
- Demonstrate the ability to use access and use service information effectively.
- Test drive a vehicle to determine if there is a problem with the braking system.
- Inspect a vehicle brake system to check for necessary repairs needed to correct a problem.
- Replace defective foundational brake components with new parts and ensure proper assembly.
- Interpret wiring schematics to properly diagnose an electrical problem.
- Use a digital multimeter to properly diagnose and electrical circuit.
- Manipulate a steering and suspension system to determine if there are any components out of the manufacturer’s specification.
- Explain the need for maintenance, diagnosis, or repair through a dealer management system.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with others with different methodology and cultural backgrounds.