Feb 29, 2024
CC 203 - Early Childhood Lab II
Credit Hours: 1.5
Course correlated with CC 202 Early Childhood Education II and CC 250 Curriculum Planning for Young Children. Students must be in CC 250 or have already taken it in order to take CC 203. CC 203 is held at an off-site high quality early childhood program location and is designed to continue to provide students with experience working with young children and their teachers. Under the direct supervision of the SUNY Erie instructor, students will continue to interact with and observe children in a professional setting. They will also plan, implement, and assess developmentally appropriate interactions and activities for young children.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with the developmental needs of children;
- continue to understand and demonstrate how to observe and record children’s needs and behaviors in order to plan appropriately;
- understand appropriate planning of activities for children by demonstrating ability to write lesson plans;
- understand and demonstrate how to execute and assess planned activities for children;
- be more aware of their strengths and needs as teachers/caregivers in training; and
- demonstrate competence in all areas of the classroom.
Prerequisites: CC201 or by permission from the department
Corequisites: Must be taking or have taken CC 250.
Concurrent Registration: CC 202