Mar 24, 2023
CC 204 - Early Childhood Education III
Credit Hours: 3
Building on NAEYC’s Core Values, Code of Ethical Conduct and Principles of DAP, with an emphasis on an anti-bias approach, students will explore teacher/family partnerships. Emphasis will be placed on the teacher’s role in establishing and maintaining relationships with the families of the children they care for and teach, and effective methods of communicating with families in quality early childhood programs. Exploring current trends and issues, students will continue to examine and visit a variety of high quality early childhood programs within the community.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- understand the importance of teacher/family partnerships;
- understand the diversity of today’s families and their needs;
- demonstrate effective methods of communicating with families;
- understand his/her own role in establishing and maintaining relationships with children’s families;
- become familiar with programs within the Buffalo community who have exceptional school/family partnerships;
- understand his/her own biases and how to effectively address biases with children and families;
- become familiar with current issues in early childhood with a focus on how to present those issues to families; and
- relate NAEYC’s code of ethics, core values, and principles of DAP and NYS Core Body of Knowledge competency areas to working with the families of children.
Prerequisites: CC 200 or CC 202
Concurrent Registration: CC 205