Mar 24, 2023
MA 220 - Medical Computer Applications II
Credit Hours: 2
Students will learn computerized spreadsheet applications using Excel for the medical office. Students will use conditional formatting to track inventory results using Excel applications. A medical research project will be presented using PowerPoint applications. Students will integrate Word, Excel, & PowerPoint documents appropriate for use in the medical office.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of Microsoft Word to reinforce mail merge and template creation concepts.
- Create and edit patient data and medical facility budgets using Excel worksheets
- Use Excel to perform calculations on a variety of medical reports using formulas, statistical functions, absolute and 3D cell addresses, and arrays
- Create visual representations of Excel data using charts, graphs, sparklines, pivot tables/charts, and conditional formatting.
- Use library databases and online resources to conduct medical research on a condition or disease
- Use MS PowerPoint to create, enhance, and present a slide show on the condition or disease
- Integrate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents relevant to the medical office
Prerequisites: MA 119
This course is required for the Medical Assisting AAS Degree and 100% of the Psychomotor and Affective competencies need to be passed.
Reminder: To be eligible for an Associate in Applied Science degree in Medical Assisting, students must attain a C average or better in all MA courses