SP 201 - Spanish Composition I
Credit Hours: 3
Based on varied readings, the course is aimed at raising the level of proficiency in oral and written expression. Topics, directly or indirectly suggested by the readings done in the course, will be given for discussion by the students. These topics will be given as written assignments either individually or collectively.
Fulfills SUNY General Education – Foreign Language.
Upon completion of this course, the student will :
- demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in oral communication in Spanish;
- demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in written communication in Spanish, including
- the ability to analyze a problem and synthesize a solution through appropriate research;
- the ability to integrate emerging technologies into research and communication; and
- the ability to demonstrate an understanding of core concepts and research methods.
- demonstrate the ability to engage in critical thinking; and
- demonstrate a global awareness of the target culture’s presence in the world.
Prerequisites: SP 205, SP 112
Cycles (C, N, S)