Jun 03, 2023
AO 160 - Automotive Co-Op 2
Credit Hours: 1
This co-op work experience will provide opportunities to apply the knowledge and practice the skills that were gained in AO140 and AO150 within a registered automotive repair facility. Students will log their experiences and receive feedback from their mentors, managers, and instructor.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform wheel alignments on vehicles with current steering and suspension designs.
- Diagnose the following power steering system concerns: lack of assist, looseness, or binding.
- Remove and install power steering system components.
- Follow manufacturers’ diagnostic processes to determine the condition of a vehicle’s suspension system.
- Remove and install suspension components according to manufacturers’ procedures.
- Display a working knowledge of safety concerns while repairing chassis systems and powertrains.
- Test drive a vehicle to determine if there is a problem with the engine or chassis system.
- Diagnose an antilock brake or stability control malfunction indicator lamp.
- Demonstrate the ability precisely measure engine components.
- Extract a diagnostic trouble code from and engine controller and follow the diagnostic process to correctly assess the cause of concern.
- Perform a leak diagnosis of an engine using industry approved methods.
- Replace failed gaskets, seals, or sealants on a leaking engine.
- Recommend the need for maintenance, diagnosis, or repair of an engine or chassis system.
- Identify that ethical choices are made during each diagnosis and repair of automotive engines and chassis systems.
Prerequisites: AO-130 - Automotive Co-Op 1